Monday, August 21, 2006

Hot From the Press

I’ve chosen this day to officially unveil my blog for a few reasons:

Today is my birthday! Wow, I’m turning 34!! I’ve no hang-ups whatsoever about growing another year older for age is just a number. State of mind is more important.


Two weeks ago, I did feel things were really not looking good ‘cos I’m without a job, I didn’t get to go to Hokkaido AGAIN this year and I had to KIV another of my plans. I was also wondering if I should tread another path (ie career change). So I was at a crossroad.

Then last week, I had two job offers. It was like there was silence for a long time and I finally saw light at the end of the tunnel. I’ll be getting back to work tomorrow, 22nd August. Sure, I’m happy to get my engine running again. However, looking back at the events that unfolded during the past one year, I cannot help but feel fearful. I can only 'see' and think this much so I’m going to entrust what lies ahead to my good and faithful Shepherd!


Lest I forget, let me jot down His blessings during the last five months:

  • Again, God has shown me He is faithful. He is the one in control. He’ll reveal His ways in His time. I didn’t lack anything. I'll never forget this phase that I went through. I've come to know myself and the people around me better, and grown in wisdom and endurance.
  • I’m grateful to Grimlock for his support and encouragement. He has been a wonderful husband.
  • I greatly enjoyed the company of my two lovely girls, Skoda and Braun. I wouldn’t be able to imagine what it would be like to be alone at home, without them around. They brought me so much joy and reaffirmation. This has been a time where we’ve developed a closer bond. I’ll think of them much when I’m back at the workplace.
  • One of my dreams was to retire at 35 years old (note: past tense). In a way, I think the break was this dream coming true and it was fulfilled on an early note (just before I turned 34!). I realized I’m not suited for the “tai tai”/stay home life. The housework and mundane routine are 'killers', man!
  • I got to hone my cooking skills and tried out more recipes.
  • Thank God for friends! I got to catch up with some people whom I had not met for a long time. A colleague from my last workplace, a Christian, kept in touch with me and encouraged me much from His Word. Thanks, bro! And there were others and my (own) brother who regularly checked how I was doing. And of course, there is my dear sister!

I shall enjoy my day today. I’ll hang around with my darlings, go to the gym and then have a good dinner with Grimlock later. Looks like I’m more or less geared up for tomorrow...

1 comment:

gal-next-door said...

Happy Birthday my friend!! :)

Finally the Light at the end of the tunnel. I am still waiting for mine :p