Sunday, July 08, 2007

Have You Seen the Girl?

Cats are ingenious when it comes to their choice of sleeping places or hideouts, bringing much amusement to the finder. That's what I call 'thinking out of the box'.

We used to have a waste paper basket in the study, until Skoda kept digging out the contents. Once I went around in the Cove looking for her, and there she was!


The Cove is a 90-square metre apartment, but some times we've difficulty seeking out our girls. Look at this photo and you'll know why I say so.


When Skoda was much younger, we used the pet taxi to resolve some discipline issues with her. She soon "adapted" to the confinement and even made it one of her favourite snoozing spots. So now if we need to bring her to the vet, she needs no coaxing to go into the pet taxi.

Only a cat would find such sleeping postures to be comfortable...

Earlier this year, we sent the sofa covers for dry-cleaning and stacked the cushions on top of each other. Skoda and Braun knew exactly what to do with the "loop holes"!

Every time after we switch off the DVD player, we've to ensure there's no cat inside the cabinet before closing the cabinet door. One of them just might be taking a nap in there.

Nothing beats a dark, cool spot but resting her head over two chairs?

This was our old shoe rack. Braun loved to sleep on top of the shoes.

Then Braun had a bout of ringworm so to keep her off our dirty shoes, I bought a vertical shoe rack. STILL she found a way of making herself comfortable...

How did I think that she wouldn't love to take on a vertical challenge, anytime...

Alright, alright, Her Royal Highness gets her way! We no longer put shoes on the top tier.

The unanimous No. 1 most favourite sleeping place/hideout goes to - Cosy Corner!

Where could Mikki be?

"Hey, I'm not here!"

2 comments:

Victor Tabbycat said...

Love your cats and descriptions! My boy (12) just drew a big map, so Bonnie lay down on it, right on the ocean. When she was done, it was my turn; I dove under the map!

"Cats fit... in any size box, or kit... and if a large pumpkin grew under one... he would arch over it" - from Catalog, by Rosalie Moore.

MightyMouse said...

I've seized the keyboard while the mouse is away. Hey, always happy to have our fellow kind drop-by. Braun and Mikki said "Hello" to our new friends from Wisconsin. Gotta got to go, mouse is back!

cheers,
Skoda, the Alpha