Monday, May 19, 2008

八支脚,打横走

Heading of blog posting: Make a guess what creature this would be? (Ans: what the beans had for dinner yesterday).

English translation: A creature that has eight legs and walks in a sideways manner.

I had a craving for crabs yesterday and Grimlock placed a delivery order for them from Punggol Seafood. Well, we are not equipped with four wheels and we wanted to eat in the comfort of the Cove. The ones sold at nearby eateries in our neighbourhood fail to make the mark. The bill came up to S$85 for 2kg chilli crabs and the golden buns.

Verdict: The gravy is the dry type (I was pleased to see that water/liquid was not slipping out from the gravy). It was a little too saltish though. I didn't find it very spicy (note: I go by 无辣不欢 so my threshold is quite high). The crabs were fresh (口感蛮QQ的!) and one of the crabs had roe in it (ultimate indulgence, yum yum). Overall, it was a craving well satisfied :)

The food were delivered in a nice, sturdy box which Skoda wasted no time in giving it a thorough check (while the beans got down to enjoying their dinner). She and Mikki later turned it into their playground (they exchanged a brief kiss :) in one of the photos ).

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

skoda fits nicely in the box! do you offer any skoda tar pau service? hehe ((:

MightyMouse said...

Certainly, mam! What address shall I pack Skoda off to? :)

Anonymous said...

oh sweet sweet skoda...you are certainly a photogenic beauty
*kiss kiss*