Back in April 2007, a blood test revealed that Mikki's liver enzymes exceeded the normal range by like three times. Subsequently, the condition was under control, as confirmed by her last blood test in Jan 2008. She was due for her review so I brought her to the vet yesteday, 5 Jul. She howled from the moment we put her into the pet taxi until we settled down at the vetinary clinic >_<
Her blood test result:
Mikki's liver and kidney indicators are within the normal range (WHEW!). I'm reminded by the test result printout that this girl is now one-year-nine-months old.
This time, I made sure I got the nurse to unbandage Mikki's feet (where the blood extraction was done) before we left the clinic. The last time, she put up a good fight for 30 minutes before we finally managed to remove the bandage.
After her spaying, Mikki has developed a habit of getting down on her side on the floor and rock from side-to-side and at times, throw in a good stretch as well. And here, My Little One (Mikki's nick) was at it again:



Skoda (29 Oct 2005 - 29 May 2015 ~ Dearly loved and deeply missed)
Braun (18 Mar 2006 - 11 Jun 2013 ~ Dearly loved and deeply missed)
Mikki
2 comments:
Oh! I think we go to the same vet!!!!! Spencer had same problem as Skoda too!! How did you collect so MUCH urine??!! Each time Dr K asked me for urine sample I gave him a blank look, and he sighed.
I always go and look for Shadow too. He is gorgeous!!
I guessed so since the first time you mentioned Shadow on your blog. Shadow is a very sweet boy.
My girls use the Pee Wee litter trays so I'd line the lower tray with a plastic bag, keep the tray away before we sleep, and have Skoda hold her urine for as long as possible till the next day morning (urinalysis has to be done within 2 hours). She'd be very urgent and I'll harvest a sample as soon as she is done (as retained in the lower tray). I'm usually the first to arrive at the clinic.
We used to bring Skoda to the clinic for the urine to be extracted direct from her bladder but we think this is too stressful for her, so now we stick with self-collection.
Is Spencer on any vetinary diet?
Post a Comment