Saturday, September 20, 2008

38 Days

38 Days. That was the duration of Miu Miu's stay at the Cove. Miu Miu went off to her new home on Fri, 19 Sept night, for an adoption trial of two weeks. We think Skoda would be envious of Miu Miu's new, spacious pet carrier. N has bought Miu Miu a cat bed fit for a princess and a CatIT drinking dome, and N's boyfriend has got her a cat tent. Looks like the little girl is in for some pampering :)

And N bought the beans some stuff from London!



After N left with Miu Miu, Mikki emerged from the cosy corner and went around the Cove, I think trying to find where Miu Miu has disappeared to. Skoda and Braun seem not to have taken much notice of Miu Miu's departure. The beans miss her but wish more that she finds a home she can call her own (never to be dumped again) and for her to be loved and accepted. It is with some delight I noticed Mikki is my puppy all over again.

I kept in touch with N for the first two consecutive days and again on Fri, 26 Sep (exactly one week after Miu Miu left). Here are some updates from N on how Miu Miu has been doing:

20 Sep, 11.06am: "My mum finds her fascinating but at the same time calls her a monkey. I let her explore the living room in the morning and all I hear is my mum's exclamations and Miu's meows".
(Miu Miu was meowing away initially - guessed she realised she is in a completely different place.)

20 Sep, 1.10pm: "Thanks for all the tips. Miu has kinda stopped meowing suddenly. Yay!"

21 Sep, 6.47pm: "Hello, she's settling down well! E came to visit n brought her some toys today!"

23 Sep, 10.22pm: "Hi, just to let you know that Miu Miu is getting on fine, promoted to roaming the house...So far been well behaved with sudden spurts of crazy energy. Do you know why she keeps bitting especially wires and my feet? And how to stop it?"
(Shared with N on the importance of establishing ground rules, discipline and tips to redirect her energy/attention.)

26 Sep, 9.15pm: "She has been very cute and a little mischievous at times but I appreciate her watching over me every night till I go to bed and waking me up every morning, haha."

The adoption trial will be up this coming Fri, 3 Oct. Hopefully Miu Miu will win over her new family, given her charms. We're planning to pay her a visit next weekend.


No comments: