The population at Site X has more or less stabilised. I may soon arrange to trap two cats (one white/grey girl and one old tuxedo tom) for sterilisation. I now gather there is a total of four white/grey cats. I'm undecided whether to proceed to trap and neuter the old tom, exactly because of he is old and he looks worn-out. He has a hearty appetite though. I read somewhere it is inadvisable to sterilise senior cats because they may not survive the surgery. I'll observe him further. I also reckon if all the female cats at Site X are fixed, I may not need to target him.
The scrawny tortiseshell and ginger newbie have vanished. On our last visit on 15 June, I saw the Siamese cat again after such a long time. I saw him making a dash across. He is unneutered. With the old tom and this Siamese male hanging out at Site X, I'll need to have the white/grey newbie I mentioned above, fixed soon.
Here are some of the cats that we regularly see at Site X. The white used to be very timid, she still is cautious but she is now more visible.
Saturday, June 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Skoda (29 Oct 2005 - 29 May 2015 ~ Dearly loved and deeply missed)
Braun (18 Mar 2006 - 11 Jun 2013 ~ Dearly loved and deeply missed)
Mikki
No comments:
Post a Comment