Saturday, August 01, 2009

The Chrysantaneum Throne

The girls used to have their Cosy Corner in the space behind the desktop on the study table. After we disposed of the desktop, there was quite a bit of space. The Cosy Corner was one of the girls' favourite snuggling spots so I wanted to reinstate the space.

I bought a storage box from Ikea and threw in a cushion - none of them used it. Two months ago, I was running an errand at Raffles City and saw the pets' bed on sale at the Anthropology store. They were of the fabric that I was looking for; a light nylon fabric instead of the cotton ones which can be hard to wash and a long while to sun dry. The colour is nice, the size is just right and the 30% discount was hard to resist. I bought the small-sized one (it comes with a name "GOD"). The store has some other nice stuff too for the home.

I've nicknamed the pet bed as "The Chrysantaneum Throne" (after its colour). Well, it is a throne of some sort :) which this time, has won the trio's paw of approval. The Chrysanthemum Throne is the common name given to the Imperial throne of Japan, the oldest monarchy in the world.

No comments: