On the work front, there was a spate of projects which wrapped up in mid June. I tendered my resignation and will commence work at the new place next week. While serving notice and clearing my leave, Grimlock and I headed to Japan for a 10-day vacation. We covered Osaka, Kyoto, Mount Fuji, Hakone and Tokyo. I'm in the midst of sorting out the photos (423) and video clips (53). Hopefully, I can get down to uploading them and journaling the memories.
This post-vacation break has been a productive one so far. I weeded out quite a bit of "rubbish" I've accumulated over the years from two bookcases, and my wardrobe. I caught the two semi-final World Cup matches on TV. In Japan, ALL matches are screened FREE on national TV. I'll be staying up to watch the FINAL match. I'm having a good time chilling out with the girls :) I just need to run a few errands and I should be all set for my new job.
I got this as a 'goodbye' gift when I moved on from one of my previous workplaces. I like it a lot; a reminder to reach for my 'star', to achieve my potential. It is one of my collectibles taking centrestage in the bookcase.

I found this fridge magnet in the washing machine today when I was going to bring out the laundry for hanging. Without a doubt, this has got to be Skoda's doing!! I left the cover of the washing machine open yesterday night. This fridge magnet is mounted on the lower door of the fridge. It is amazing how Skoda got the magnet off the fridge and brought it all the way to the washing machine, and what prompted her to do so. She is no cat :) When I turn on the washing machine and leave the cover open (top loading) and go take detergent, she'll make her way there if she is nearby, sit on the side and observe the motion. Her head will be moving to the swerve of the washing machine. I'll try to record and upload a clip someday.


Skoda (29 Oct 2005 - 29 May 2015 ~ Dearly loved and deeply missed)
Braun (18 Mar 2006 - 11 Jun 2013 ~ Dearly loved and deeply missed)
Mikki
No comments:
Post a Comment