Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Bye Bye, Mikey

Dear Mikey,

We lost you today. And it was just yesterday we decided to name you - Mikey and your sister, Debbi after the cute, tear-eyed Precious Moments duo. The name 'Mikey' has a tinge of strength in it and that was what I most wished for you.

I think you were trying hard to hang on. Deep in my heart, I feared for the worst. But I thought things might just be turning better when I saw you eating more than usual yesterday night and this morning.

You had been with us for 16 days. I’ll remember your gentleness. And your most playful moments when you kept “bitting” my toes. After you, there’ll be no more room for another.

We’ll have to rename your sister because the duo is no more. We’re calling her Mikki, and at the Cove, this means “In Memory of Mikey”. She'll be in good hands.

May you find eternal rest. We’ll remember you.


Luv,
Grimlock & Mighty Mouse

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey, Cheer up

:)

Bird

Anonymous said...

oh dear...... tats realli a sad thing to know..... just hope mikki is doing well now....

MightyMouse said...

One of the hardest thing to do is to let go, especially losing someone dear. I can only take comfort that Mikey is no longer suffering.

Mikki seems to be holding up well. Can't really tell how much she feels about Mikey's absence. Grimlock and I try to keep her company as much as possible. She is kept separated from Skoda and Braun 'cos she is too tiny to fend for herself and we're taking our time to let Skoda and Braun know that she is here to stay.

Mikki loves to be stroked on the sides of her face. She is very vocal. Hope to see her grow up soon...