The vet said that it could be due to a deficiency in her system or the kibbles we're feeding aren't suitable for her (all three are on Royal Canin Indoor 27). He gave her an Ornipural injection (liver tonic) and put her on Prescription's Hill L/D feline dry food. We decided not to proceed with the spaying (not recommended because of the general anesthesia). To inject some humour into the situation, I nicknamed Mikki as Three-Star General.
Mikki didn't like her new kibbles. She refused to eat them unless we mixed in a little of the old kibbles, and even when we did so, she wasn't eating as much and she would go for the old kibbles first. So I brought Mikki back to the vet earlier for her review, on 19 April.
The vet did another blood test. Her liver enzymes still exceeded the normal range, but this time by a lower measure - she was 'demoted' to a One-Star General. Whew...if results were still unsatisfactorily, I was planning to bring her for a second opinion. No medication but she has to continue on the Prescription's Hill L/D kibbles and to bring her back for another review in a month's time. And if she clears the blood test, we can schedule a spaying appointment for her.
I've an issue with feeding food that has by-product in it so I'm hoping I don't have to feed it long-term. I raised my concern to the vet who explained the ingredient is OK because it is properly processed under stringent standards, but I'm still uncomfortable leh...(I know I'm not a vet). Let's see how Mikki's next blood test turns out to be. Just about six months' old, Mikki is already a drama 'mama'...
Mighty Mikki, the Cove's One-Star General standing tall and looking strong and smart
Mischevious Mikki taking a nap after finishing her 'artwork' (she was at it again - had great fun pulling out tissue from the box)
Melancholic Mikki looking so docile. She is a MONSTER when it comes to clipping her nails. Puts up such a big struggle, growls angrily and dispenses deadly bites. I've to wear jeans when doing so. Definitely a two-man operation; I'm the one in-charge of holding/restraining her while Grimlock does the clipping. I always feel like I'm having a workout whenever we've to do this...help!!! (Fellow cat lover, any tips to share?) Mikki, won't you be nice the next time, please?


Skoda (29 Oct 2005 - 29 May 2015 ~ Dearly loved and deeply missed)
Braun (18 Mar 2006 - 11 Jun 2013 ~ Dearly loved and deeply missed)
Mikki
1 comment:
pretty girl, be well soon :) get yourself demoted to private.
Post a Comment