Thursday, February 14, 2008

珍惜眼前人

Late last month, I saw the Swatch watch design for Chinese New Year titled "Cute Rats" in a festive feature in the newspaper. The rat is the "mascot" for the year of my birth :) I used to collect Swatches in my younger years. It has been quite some time since I bought a Swatch - viola, the 'perfect' reason for me to get this special edition! And better still, I asked Grimlock to get it as my Valentine's Day present (hee hee, smart right?). That would save him the pain too for having to 'crack' his head over what to get for me (ha!).

So, after making my "wish" known to Grimlock, I was happily and patiently waiting for this present to "make its way" to me - on Valentine's Day. Lo and behold, I got the watch ahead of Valentine's Day, as a surprise :)

Inspector Mikki springs into action!

Back to the post heading....
That would be my take on love, whether it is Valentine's Day or not. In English, it means to cherish those around you. It is a perspective I've to constantly remind myself of, especially when the pace of life can get so fast and to steer myself away from taking people and privileges for granted. The application is broader than romantic relationships.

This pair of mugs was what I bought with a shopping voucher that I received as my wedding gift. Mine is the pink one while the blue one is Grimlock's (there were only these two colours). I think these are our only His-and-Hers stuff :)

Afternote: For the first time in our relationship (13.5 years of it), we bought the same Valentine's Day card for each other! Can you believe it?!?!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

awwww.... soooo sweet...

Bird