Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Skoda, Happy 3rd Anniversary!

Doesn't Skoda look sweet in the big portrait photo of hers on the blog masthead? (Those big round eyes and the pink nose of hers, aawwww...)

Today, 29 October marks Skoda's third year at the Cove. (I wrote this up ahead of time, lest I get busy with work). I had spent a little time recollecting how the past one year has been for her and with having her around.

The most significant event in my memory bank would be getting a first sign of her urinary tract problem, on 11 December 2007. I think I can say her condition is under control, thank God she isn't on any medication. The challenge remains to make her drink up more - this we don't have a solution yet. I'm seriously considering giving her wet food on a daily basis. She isn't big on wet food so shall try out for dinner (hopefully she is hungry enough to want it more). Her next review is due in a week's time.

The other memorable event would be our attempts to "train" her for cat-walking. We weren't successful but it is ok, we won't impose on her. Every morning when I open the door to pick up the papers, Skoda would pop her head out of the gate. Braun does the same too so I'll hold the door for a couple of minutes while they satisfy their curiosity (quite cute watching the two of them stretch their necks out). When I get the door key, they will rush to the door for this daily routine.

It is amazing how observant Skoda is - by watching and remembering the beans' routine/acts, she knows what they are up to or their next moves. She still has got her act together on holding the strings to Grimlock's heart. Well, of the three, she is the only one who puts up with his advances (he would pick her up into his arms, cuddle and "squeeze" her ;) ). Everyday without fail and in fact for a few times in a day, she would bring down my kitchen tea cloth (which hangs from a top cupboard handle and it is secured with a clothes peg), hold the cloth in her mouth and drop it off on the floor. To finish off her act, she would be meow out loud as if to inform us of what she has just done (attention-seeking?).

On Skoda's third anniversary, it remains to be said there is never a dull moment with her around. Gratification comes just by looking at her alone :) Shall smother her with lots of hugs and kisses when I get home later.

Skoda love when she was a kitten...



The lovely, babe-licious Skoda...



3 comments:

animalfamily said...

wah 3 years already... happy anniversary!!

El@inE said...

he would pick her up into his arms, cuddle and "squeeze" her ;)
<---
tt's wad i do to my maomao too!! :D

haha, happy anniversary!!

MightyMouse said...

Yeh, it doesn't seem that long. Are you still in touch with Bronze, Rice, White Gold and Bonnet? Skoda and Suede look alike, just a difference in the coat colours.