Thursday, December 25, 2008

The Reason for the Season

I finally found time to jot down some thoughts about this time of the year. I deliberately stayed away from shopping for presents this year, again. I've managed to do this for two consecutive years. I love and celebrate Christmas for what it is about and the last I want to do is to be caught up with more busyness. I already have had enough of the latter, for some time.

I gave two staff from my department a lunch treat on Mon, 22nd Dec. That I enjoyed very much because we seldom take lunch together. It was to celebrate the birthday of one of them in advance, and I wanted to thank them for their support. I got to know them a little better. I hope to do this more often.

I felt quite 'paiseh' though that some of my colleagues brought me gifts. I'll make it up to them in the course of the year.

On Christmas Eve, Grimlock was busy cooking up a storm in the kitchen for dinner. Last year, he made a yummy lasagne from a recipe that he downloaded from the Internet. Usually he doesn't do any cooking (maybe make an omelette now and then). This year, he laid these down on our dining table. The cooking is of restaurant standard :)

Other than the garlic bread, the rest are all home-cooked...


The girls too had a taste of the festivity, ie Fancy Feast Turkey. Mikki loved it, while the other two were lukewarm.


Just before going to sleep, I went "Ho, ho, ho" when I saw what Grimlock got me for Christmas. These are some things I've been eyeing. The Dumbo soft toy and Coach bag are not on my list though. And I didn't think he wanted to go watch 'Cats'. This gesture of his more than made up for something I wasn't too happy with recently.


Thank you, Grimlock for everything. 一生知己,夫复何求?

There is nothing more I can ask for at Christmas. A time spent reflecting over the reason for the season and giving thanks for God's sacrificial act of love (John 3:16), and with my loved ones.

Well, all of us @ the Cove hope you had a Merry Christmas too. May God fill your heart and home with His abundant joy, love, peace and hope.

No comments: