Saturday, January 03, 2009

Fodder for the Gang

From time to time, I'll let the girls try out a different brand of dry food so that they don't get hooked on a particular brand. They were taking RC Indoor 27 for some time. Skoda is on Waltham Feline Urinary S/O. The ideal situation where each keeps to her own food doesn't exist at the Cove. Braun has a distaste for Waltham. Mikki and she have no need for this diet anyway so we get one other brand of commercial dry food for them.

Breakfast is almost 100% Waltham with a little of the commercial dry food on the side for Braun. Mikki is easy when it comes to food - if there's anything she rejects, that is something to take note of (ie permanent elimination). Braun and Mikki get wet food for dinner (Natural Balance salmon). We mix a little wet food with lots of water for Skoda (Dr K instructed for her to stick to Waltham). Skoda is basically a dry food junkie.

Recently during the weekends, I started to give them plain boiled chicken (to gain from some goodness of unprocessed food?). If Skoda is hungry enough, she'll take some of it while Braun and Mikki love it. I tried out boiled pork yesterday - Mikki loves it but Braun and Skoda didn't take any of it, so I'll stick to chicken.

A month ago, I bought a small packet (1.13kg - $32.54 after discount from PLC) of Wellness Indoor Health 40 (dry food) for the girls to try out. I was drawn by its claim of containing no 'meat by-products, corn or corn gluten, wheat, soy, artificial preservatives, colours or flavours'.





All three are agreeable with the switch. There seems to be less shredding and their stool don't smell as strong. Today, we bought the 2.27kg packaging ($48.79 after discount). The brand is quite pricey (or rather the mark-up of PLC stuff is quite high?). My regular pet supplies shop does not carry this brand so it looks like I'll have to let PLC earn my extra few bucks >_< The three rascals are really having it good...

2 comments:

animalfamily said...

they are really having it good! lucky cats!

El@inE said...

i m havin tt too...wellness...i bought mine at 30plus per pack...

anyway, all my frens feel my cat's fur feels like carpet..nice n smooth...so i guess wellness is pretty good... :D