Friday, January 02, 2009

Project S (VII)

I was on leave today, 2nd Jan. After finishing some office work, I decided to go out for a stretch. Went to check out the newly renovated Sembawang Shopping Centre. About 30% of the shops are not opened yet. Free parking till end of Feb. That explains the snake queue of cars waiting to get in?

Took a late lunch at the Kopitiam food court - the bak chor mee was disappointing. The Daiso store is about the same size as the one at Plaza Singapura - no stocks of the pet hair removal sponge. I've been trying for some time to get this. Mine are very well-used. The Pet Lovers' Centre in the basement has not opened for business yet. The Giant supermarket is of a decent size - quite organised. Bumped into a colleague there. For a CapitalLand development, I found the retail mix a let-down.

Was still feeling quite energetic so I decided to swing by Site X to check out the batch of cats who were released yesterday. Bought several cans of Fancy Feast at Giant (there weren't any other choice; I didn't want to get Whiskas). Upon arrival, I saw an unsterilised white/grey cat - I forgot to take a look at the rear but from the face shape, I think it is a boy. Bumped into the nursing mother and she ate about 1.5 cans. Saw another brown cat who didn't want any food.

Went back to the starting point and saw one of the females who were spayed (recognised her by the tipped ear and her trimmed belly). She kept yowling at me - scolding me for the 'adventure' I had put her through, ha ha? She ate close to one can.

Mousie to noisy cat: 'Hey, dessexing is for your good alright? Now, you only need to fend for yourself.' (Glad to see her looking alright.)

The white/grey cat was taking a nap in the bushes. He woke up when I got near. He was quite cautious. I had to stand a little further from the food before he would touch it. He ate about 0.5 can and went off.

I surveyed Site X another round, didn't spot any other cats and made my way out.

Hope the weather will remain dry over the next few days.

So, the updated tally of unsterilised cats is something like this:
1) White/grey cat (boy spotted on 2nd Jan)
2) Brown cat (the one who didn't want any food). There are a few identical ones so I'm getting confused.
3) Cat no. 5 (white/orange)
4) The tom cat
5) The nursing mother
6) The Siamese
7) A white (spotted hiding in the big tree on 1st Jan)
8) Possibly two litters of kittens

No comments: