In the mornings when I open the door to put out the litter bag and bring in the newspapers, I'll give Skoda and Braun a couple of minutes to stretch their necks out of the gate. They know the drill at the back of their paws (I mean hands). They'll stand by the door and wait for me to come along. And they both know they are not to venture beyond the gate. They are just happy to peer out, and will bout back into the house at any slightest noise or movement down the corridor.
It is a very simple ritual. I've no idea what they derive out of it but yet, they keep at it...
Thursday, February 05, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Skoda (29 Oct 2005 - 29 May 2015 ~ Dearly loved and deeply missed)
Braun (18 Mar 2006 - 11 Jun 2013 ~ Dearly loved and deeply missed)
Mikki
3 comments:
my suede is a real bolter. once we open the gate, she will make a dash and just stand outside for the fun of it until we carry her back in again. silly cats!
i wonder why too. my cats do that too. my neighbours are really harmless & rather cat friendly (they used to feed simon the stray cat). but my girls are just terrified of them.
haha mine too..
Orange loves peering out from the grill gate but dashes into the house with the slightest noise... Lala.. even worse, forever standing behind Orange..
Post a Comment