Sunday, October 25, 2009

The Science of Cooking

I quite enjoy cooking because it is like carrying out a science experiment; following through a recipe step-by-step, bringing all the ingredients together and then wait-and-see what you get. At times, even though you follow the recipe as instructed, the end result may not turn out to be as expected OR sometimes, you choose to follow your gut-feel and the result turns out to be not too bad afterall. Cooking can be therapatic as such, but I've to say the washing-up part is a killer.

Now and then when Grimlock has certain cravings, he would search the Internet for recipes and try them out. Here are some stuff that we each recently whipped up...

I had my favourite, an Oreo cheesecake for my birthday (by Grimlock):


A three-course dinner for Grimlock's birthday (by Mousie); fish chowder, angel hair with mushrooms and bacon strips and lychee sorbet:


The goodness from a recipe on chicken rice that was "plucked off" the Internet (by Grimlock):


A friend of ours came over to our place so we had for tea, a chocolate brownie cake topped with Haagen-Daz ice cream (by Mousie - her maiden baking exploit).

The brownie cake is also Grimlock's favourite. The recipe is idiot proof (you can click on the link for the recipe). I forgot to add in the snickers bar (which might have made the cake too sweet if I had added these). Instead of peanuts, I used cashew nuts (prefer this over peanuts).

Let's see what we'll dish out next from our kitchen...

No comments: