Times flies. Today, 29 October marks Skoda's annual anniversary at the Cove. This girl has got both beauty and brains, to-die-for curves (yup, some 6.5kg of them) and loads of character :)
Four years on, Skoda still plays her cards well in holding the strings to Grimlock's heart. She responds so tenderly to his calling of her name (she is not as responsive when I'm the one calling her name :( leh...).
Her intelligence never fail to amaze us. She pulls down my kitchen tea cloths at least twice everyday, without fail. And before doing so, she would meow away - just so we must know she has done it again. And at times after getting the cloth off the handle (usually when we're around), she would hold it in her mouth and drop it off at the kitchen entrance (where we can see her).
Skoda has a place where she keeps away her personal "favourites", ie small objects which she had stuffed into the waterhole in the kitchen. Her stash to-date includes at least three fridge magnets and one small box of dental floss. We suspect the two small mouse toys that had mysteriously vanished, are in there as well. Now, we keep things that can fit into the waterhole away from her reach.
Skoda loves our bedroom very much. Recently she has developed a liking for sleeping on my chest or stomach. Well, she is not light but the feeling of her resting on me is almost magical; she feels nicely warm and I can feel her purring away and the rhythm of her breathing. And oh yes, before she settles down on me, she'll knead away and then pucker up to me for a kiss or two, aawwww... Of the three, she is the only one who is spontaneous to exchanging kisses. At times when the mood is so right, Skoda will want to give me a taste of her grooming, ie lick my face and nib at my hair. Her tongue feels quite rough and ticklish which gets me breaking out in giggles and then I'll try to dodge her advances (hahaha). She doesn't do any of these to Grimlock (Yes! hee hee)
It definitely didn't take her long to register that one needs to turn the door knob in order to get into a room when the door is closed. When she desperately wants in, she'll leap upwards and have a go at turning the door knob.
I can go on and on about Skoda; her ways, charms, her seeking of attention and wanting of human touch/contact...well, she is altogether lovely. I'll leave these other tales for some other time.
I thought yesterday was 29 October so for dinner yesterday, I gave Skoda Fussie Cat tuna as a special treat - she doesn't mind this wet food (and of course Braun and Mikki had their share too). And she alone got to snuggle up to us in bed yesterday. I've no idea how I could get the day of the week wrong when I had marked 29 October down prominently on my calendar.
Finally, to my Skoda love: Rock on, babe!
Thursday, October 29, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Skoda (29 Oct 2005 - 29 May 2015 ~ Dearly loved and deeply missed)
Braun (18 Mar 2006 - 11 Jun 2013 ~ Dearly loved and deeply missed)
Mikki
No comments:
Post a Comment