In less than an hour, 2009 will be behind us. As I take time to recollect my "hits and misses" in the year, and consolidate my key areas of learning...
Work-wise, the load has been more manageable. I'm grateful for each of my projects, I was able to meet my targets - even when there were times it seemed 'mission impossible'. The words of a blogger struck a chord with me, that there is no point "killing" oneself at work and the importance of keeping one's priorities in check (other than work). No one is indispensable. I've found it effective to at times, stop, walk away and refocus.
On the home front, I'm blessed with a wonderful husband and my three lovelies. They are my constant source of joy and support. Skoda continues to amaze and amuse us with her antics. Her latest urinalysis on Mon, 28 Dec didn't turn out too well - will have to repeat the test in two weeks' time. Braun is better now (she is not hiding away as much) but at times, she gets jittery and keep at licking away, dashing around. We're keeping an eye on whether the Other Two are bringing on stress in any way onto her. Mikki is doing alright. She still follows me around like a puppy :) I think it can get quite lonely for her at times because she doesn't seem to 'click' with the Other Two. We give her special and extra attention whenever she seeks that (this girl responds to us on her own terms), and Grimlock brings out her favourite toy during play time.
The numbers at Site X have more or less stabilised. The appearances of the last spotted newbies have been irregular (all unsterilised) so I've yet been able to plan the next round of trapping. The latest addition is a kitten of a charcoal-coloured coat. Some idiot has tied a bell on a string around her neck (we didn't see this on her the first time we spotted her). The sound of the bell puts her on an disadvantage against the old timers and the string can be hazardous for her (say she gets chased and she runs up a tree). If the person likes her so much to want to stake such a claim, give her a home lah! Reminder to self: bring scissors on next trip.
Sometimes I do wonder if the dumping at Site X will ever stop. The answer I do know well, therefore I can only pray the kitties here will be safe and for their tummies to be filled (by people who care enough).
See the masthead photo? That is my girls flashing their dainty toes (oops, Mikki's look like she could do with some pedicure). I thank God that through His grace, strength, wisdom and faithfulness, I made it through 2009. Through the ups and the downs, I say it again: God is good. I too will put my best foot forward in the new year :)
Finally, heartiest wishes from all at the Cove for an abundant 2010, loads of laughter and cheers to good health!!
Thursday, December 31, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Skoda (29 Oct 2005 - 29 May 2015 ~ Dearly loved and deeply missed)
Braun (18 Mar 2006 - 11 Jun 2013 ~ Dearly loved and deeply missed)
Mikki
No comments:
Post a Comment