Christmas came early, in fact, for the girls. We picked up their Christmas present - a cat tree on last Sat, 19 Dec at Pet Safari, Eastpont Mall. I've wanted to get a cat tree for them for some time but I didn't want more clutter and the cat trees sold here are expensive and not quite of the height I've in mind. Braun's recent neurotic "outburst" got Grimlock and I to seriously think of getting one, in a bid to provide her with more space - in a vertical sense.
Initially I looked up US websites for the 'dream' tree. Wow, the tall, practical ones are really expensive and then there is the shipment cost and some of these websites do not ship outside of US. I subsequently came across a cat tree on a local blogger's website. She bought hers from Pet Safari in Eastpoint Mall. We reckoned too it would make sense to go to the bigger pet supplies shops which would have the space to stock up on bigger cat trees.
Our trip was a fruitful one. The cat tree is about 1.5m, comes with five tiers and an "igloo" enclosure which can be fitted with one of the tiers. The staff dismantled the tree in the shop and Grimlock assembled the parts again back home. After the tree was up, we used catnip spray on it and we've been keeping a keen eye on whether the girls would take to the tree. We've placed the tree in the living room, next to the windows. So far, Skoda has kept to using the scratching post on tier 2 and Braun has been taking naps in the igloo, while Mikki has yet to get onto the tree.
I don't think Mikki has figured out yet she could do more with the tree. For her size, she stands to benefit most from it. It just boils down to whether she would cross her mental threshold. For Braun, seeing her use the igloo is good enough for us. I'd expect Skoda to be more adventurous but she has yet to venture beyond tier 3. Maybe the tree is nowhere near a match to her definition of 'challenge' :)

Skoda (29 Oct 2005 - 29 May 2015 ~ Dearly loved and deeply missed)
Braun (18 Mar 2006 - 11 Jun 2013 ~ Dearly loved and deeply missed)
Mikki
4 comments:
happy new year to everyone at the cove!!
You too, and have a great festive break!!
how much did u pay for it
There was a 15% discount off this tree, so finally it cost $208.
Post a Comment