Sunday, April 25, 2010

Offshore Fishing

Back in February, Grimlock and I got on our maiden offshore fishing trip with one of his friends (together with the wife and their friends).  Each person chipped in $80 for the vessel rental;  total of 6 pax.  The expedition stretched from about 8.30am to 6.30pm.

The embarkation point was somewhere in the west of Singapore.  We set off in one of these vessels.

First stop was to a kelong to buy the bait, ie fresh prawns.  This was also the first time we step foot onto a kelong.

Taking in the view around the kelong...

Done with the 'shopping' and off we go...

Sun and tranquility all abound...

Grimlock's catch (none for me)...

The all-in haul...

I had my cap and shades on.  The sun was very hot, so my face turned a lobster-red at the end of the trip.  The area around my eyes (within the shades) was my original skin tone.  And I didn't put enough sunblock on my face.  I donned this comical, two-tone look for a few days.  Fortunately, my tan didn't last :)  Recently i bought a special fishing hat; it resembles a 女侠 hat,就等派上用场!(I'm just waiting to put it to use).

No comments: