We started first with milk because no preparation is required (a packet of Cosi pets milk costs S$4.50). We were a little afraid that the girls might put on weight if we give them milk daily so we took their weight. Skoda tipped the scales at 6.5kg, Braun at 3.7kg and Mikki at 3.5kg. I didn't expect Mikki to weigh that much (she looks petite).
(Thanks again, ST)
Both Braun and Mikki took very well to milk. That rascal Skoda wouldn't try any bit of it; she didn't bother to humour us, not even a little. Uuuurrrggghhhh... Braun and Mikki ended up finishing the packet of milk.
I'm not keen on feeding the girls fish on a regular basis so chicken stock was next. We bought two packets of chicken bones:
Her Royal Highness (aka that rascal Skoda) "responded" to chicken stock with much disdain. Braun and Mikki LOVE the chicken stock.
The beans were now down to the last option, ie fish stock. In fact, they were optimistic that might just be it. When the cooking was done, the stock smelled so fishy that the Mouse kept chuckling away (so overflowing with confidence).
"Humph, I no like fish stock TOO yah! Mousie, I can almost see smoke coming out of your head..."
And again, Braun and Mikki finished up the boiled fish meat, Skoda left hers untouched. Mikki LOVES the fish stock, while Braun seems to prefer chicken stock better.
What else can we do to make Skoda drink up?!?! (Help...anyone has any method/tips to share?)
I went to the vetinary clinic one evening to pick up a packet of Waltham kibbles. I had a chat with Dr D on our attempts to make Skoda drink up (and the failures). She suggested trying IAMs canned food which has some gravy - to entice her to drink by mixing the gravy with water (gradually increase the water portion). I went to a few pet supplies shop - they have IAMs dry food but not the canned food. Aunty P passed me two cans of Fussie Cat - Skoda was lukewarm (the other two love them though). I also bought Burp! salmon in gravy - Skoda was more enthusiatic to it as compared to Natural Balance wet food.
We'll be bringing Skoda for her review next Sat, 28 June. I'm gonna update Dr K on our failed attempts. Fingers crossed that her urine indicators are within the acceptable range. I'm already at my wits' end >_<
Must remember to check with Dr K if it would be alright to be feeding Burp! salmon in gravy on an ongoing basis. There is no country of manufacture indicated and no breakdown of what the gravy is made up of (ingredients label: 52% salmon and 48% gravy).



Skoda (29 Oct 2005 - 29 May 2015 ~ Dearly loved and deeply missed)
Braun (18 Mar 2006 - 11 Jun 2013 ~ Dearly loved and deeply missed)
Mikki
No comments:
Post a Comment