Right at this point, I've been nursing a bad flu since Mon, 29 Dec. I lost my voice yesterday, 30 Dec and went to see the doctor for a second time. This time, he prescribed antibiotics and another medication to clear up the phlegm. I'm glad to be hearing my own voice again. Still quite a bit of mucous and the chest is slightly congested. Well, this is not the way I'd like to end the year on BUT I remain light in spirit. After spending a year that has been hectic on the work front, the sickness has brought me to slow down and take time to rest, reflect and recharge.
At the very least, I'm having a good time chilling out with my girls at home. Yesterday afternoon, I was very drugged and had a good nap with Skoda snuggled up close to me. This sweet girl... At one point, she was looking at me - altogether doe-eyed, aawwww. I reciprocated by sending love signals to her (blinked my eyes slowly). Time came to a standstill during those tender moments :)
Yesterday night, it was Braun's turn to snuggle up to us. She was all stretched out and looking so relaxed. I had slept too much in the day so I couldn't sleep at night. I ended up stroking her gently. The touch of her soft, smooth and thick chest fur was sheer delight :) It made my sleepless night more bearable.
In the earlier part of this month on the work front, I wasn't too happy with an occurrence, and burdened by another. In addition, my mom went for a surgery two months ago. All I can say is that this kind of thing brings family ties to the surface. My mom will be discharged this Sat, 3 Jan. Hopefully things will be back to its normal routine in another one to two weeks' time. I do what I ought to as a daughter.
On the home front, I'm blessed with Grimlock and my three lovelies. They are my constant source of support, joy and comfort. Grimlock and I extended our love for cats by fostering Miu Miu (aka Zapedii) back in Aug - this darling has found a home of her own. Just three days ago, I embarked on controlling a growing colony of cats at Site X through sterilisation with V's help. The place is quite secluded so I don't see myself being able to feed them on a frequent basis. I plan to visit them regularly during one of the weekends.
Whether the ups or the downs, I count it more important to have learnt something. Through them all, I say it again God is good. I've no idea what lies ahead in 2009 but I do know His grace, wisdom and strength are sufficient for me.
I was listening to this song by Andrea Bocelli earlier today, titled Bellissime Stelle. No idea what the lyrics (in Italian) mean - I googled and tried out an English translation but it doesn't look right. I love the tempo and the superb voice, how the whole piece comes together. It is on the same gusto/intense feel that I like to end my last post of the year on (I sure hope the lyrics aren't anything sad, ha ha). And on the same note, warmest wishes from all at the Cove for a fruitful 2009, and cheers to good health!
1 Oct 2008 - Andrea Bocelli - Live in Tuscany - Bellissime Stelle
Skoda (29 Oct 2005 - 29 May 2015 ~ Dearly loved and deeply missed)
Braun (18 Mar 2006 - 11 Jun 2013 ~ Dearly loved and deeply missed)
Mikki
1 comment:
happy new year!
Post a Comment