Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Still on Love

The title of this article caught my eye "True Love: Let's calculate the odds". Oh, calculate the possibility of finding love - how? The writer, Michael Kaplan did so by "applying" the Poisson's formula. According to him, true love is rare; we can only hope to find it once in a lifetime, and maybe not even then. I found his article/approach refreshing.

The Poisson curve, applied to finding true love, charts two things: the chance this rare event will happen once, twice, thrice in a lifetime; but also how likely it is to happen at all in progressively more unlikely circumstances. Hey, this makes food for thought?

Kaplan has this advice for finding love: Skew your social life towards those events where you can find out more about potential partners than whether they are just great dancers. Use every experience, good and bad, to refine your vision of that unknown ideal so that when the one chance comes, you won't let it slip away. Each step will take you closer to the centre of the Poisson curve.

If you're still looking for that someone (married persons are 'disqualified'), I hope this moment/day comes soon for you...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I also want to find true love, but it always eludes me leh.. so sad..

I am losing faith liao...

Bird :(