In response to the article "True Love: Let's Calculate the Odds" that I posted on 11 Oct, a ST writer, Tan Seow Hon contributed the article below "True Love? Look No Further than Friendship".
True love may be found in other than romantic love. There is also friendship, parental love and God's unconditional love. Tan is also of the view that finding one who believes in true friendship tends to be even harder than finding one who believes in true romantic love. I'm divided on this notion. I can relate to her point on coming "to expect less of friends after disappointments and the experience of waning friendships as people go through different phases of life". Perhaps this is why while my acquaintances are many, I count few as my inner circle. It is hard for people/friends to stay together, over time and commitments/busyness.
I particularly like the last paragraph: "...we cannot deny that our selfishness is one hindrance to finding true love...to form friendship, one must first be a friend. To find true love, be prepared first to love."
Monday, October 16, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Skoda (29 Oct 2005 - 29 May 2015 ~ Dearly loved and deeply missed)
Braun (18 Mar 2006 - 11 Jun 2013 ~ Dearly loved and deeply missed)
Mikki
No comments:
Post a Comment