I learnt things like pre-operative procedures, starting and stopping engine, moving-off and stopping, steering control, braking, looking out for blind spots and negotiating corners and sharp turns. At one point, I had new admiration for taxi drivers who seem to have this amazing ability to switch lanes in such a swift and precise manner on a busy road. They have to spend long hours behind the wheels and at the same time stay alert. The car is a powerful engine which explains why accidents can be fatal.
We stayed within the circuit and learning is by repetitve practice so it became quite routine. Half-way through my first lesson, it started to rain. By the time I started my second lesson, the skies had become dark. I'm glad I opted to take auto driving afterall because there is much less coordination involved as compared to manual driving. I hear that though auto driving is easier to pick up, the driving test is more difficult to pass.
I've another two consecutive lessons today. The instructor said I might get to drive out to the public roads. Whey, that would be exciting! Driving comes with "feeling" how the car goes/moves/operates (not so much with reading the hard facts) and on-the-spot judgement. Hopefully, all goes well lah.
Hhmmm, now that my practical driving lessons are in progress, I've started to think what sort of car I'd love to own if I ever get one. Though car and COE prices have dropped, the monthly costs of keeping a car is still high. Unless there is a compelling reason to get a car, I rather keep the $$ in the bank. If you're wondering why I took up driving in the first place, that's another story. Grimlock started his manual driving lesson on Wed, 21st Feb so if we get a car, both of us will be able to drive it.
Back to my dream car, first choice would be...a Lexus RX08!
How, good taste or not? I don't know much about car specs so I'm banging on asthetic features. I'm fond of Lexus cars because they bring to mind a certain class and elegance. I probably won't be able to afford this (but not wrong to dream, right?) so my second choice...
A Skoda Roomster
I reckon I don't have to spell out why I shortlisted this car brand. I've a cat called Skoda, you know...hee hee I do fancy bringing her out for a spin in a Skoda car leh! Alas, this is a Czech brand so the price tag is gonna keep my hands off bounds. And if I've to stop dreaming and plant my feet firmly on planet earth, this should be within closer reach...
A Nissan Latio Sport
I've sat in a Nissan Latio Sport car before and first impressions are pretty good. If I do ever own this car, my preferred colour will be light gold or lime green.
Then again, I just might change my mind and come up with my fourth, fifth,... choice. It all boils down to enjoying the convenience that a car brings, yet at the same time keeping the cost within budget. Anyway, I'm not even close to getting my driving license yet, correct? Let's see how many attempts I'll need to get it, ha ha.



Skoda (29 Oct 2005 - 29 May 2015 ~ Dearly loved and deeply missed)
Braun (18 Mar 2006 - 11 Jun 2013 ~ Dearly loved and deeply missed)
Mikki
No comments:
Post a Comment