Thursday, February 22, 2007

Oink, Oink!

HAPPY CHINESE NEW YEAR!

Hope you had a great festive celebration/break! Today is the fifth day of CNY so it's still not too late for me to wish you an Abundant New Year. Cheers to good health and loads of laughter all year round!!

I'm enjoying an extended festive break. I had been on leave yesterday till this Friday. I'm having a jolly good time. I'm a firm believer of a Chinese saying: "To take a break is to prepare for the longer journey" (literal translation).

Allow me to tell you a short story about this pair of piggies. They are part of my beanie babies collection, ie gifts from Grimlock. They share the same birth date as I (they are much younger though, `born' in 2003) so I get quite a bit of teasing from Grimlock. While pigs are such adorable creatures, I wish TY (the manufacturer) had picked another icon for my birth date. There is another unattractive looking icon sharing the same birth date. I once contemplated writing an email to TY to voice my displeasure. Well, between the two icons, my choice is clear.

This beanie piggy is named "Luau" and here is the description:

"I love my life; it's so much fun (I can't agree more!)
Playing in the Hawaiian sun (I hope to visit Hawaii someday!!)
And then I'll hula dance all night (Not too sure if I wanna do this...)
It really is this pig's delight!" (It's the simple things in life that give the most pleasure!!!)

No comments: