Friday, September 21, 2007

Cheese Chase

That's the name of the new toy that I bought on Tues, 18 Sept from Pet Lovers' Centre (Bugis branch) for the gang. It cost close to S$29 after discount. It has a clear ball track on the outer ring; a second ball is hidden in the "cheese topper"; and a catnip-filled plush mouse toy on a stem that is to be screwed into the center of the "cheese topper".

I recently saw a video clip of another blogger's cat having great fun with a similiar toy. I was pleased to spot it at the shop but I also had to take some time to decide whether to get it. I had bought toys on other occasions for the girls but these were met with lukewarm enthusiasm and short-lived interest. There are many more toys that cater for dogs at the shops. The best are the improvised ones but I'm running out of ideas. I decided to take a chance and bought the "Cheese Chase" toy.

When I "unveiled" the toy, Skoda and Mikki were the firsts to check it out. Braun looked on initially in a cautious manner on the side but soon joined in the fun. The rolling of the ball can get quite loud so I put it away just before bedtime (and also to sustain the interest). So far, Mikki plays with it most. Skoda "allows" the toy to entertain her a little (she is too smart to be fooled?). Her Highness much prefers to paw the ball while lying down on her side. Braun will have a go if the other two are not at it.

No comments: