Sunday, November 30, 2008

Project S (III)

We made a trip to site X last Sun, 23 Nov. We almost didn't make it there because the skies were very gloomy. None of the kittens were in sight. We saw four adult cats though:

One cat was well-hidden in the drain. The other two were watching him/her.


Cat # 1...
(The winds were very strong so I didn't use any newspaper.
No worries, I cleared the left-overs before going off :) )


Cat #2 (left) - this should be the tom cat we have been seeing.
He hissed at me when I was trying to put the food down. He attempted to mount Cat # 1 (I shook my bottle to scare him off - will need to get him fixed soon).
Cat #3 seem to be having some eye problem.


Initially Cat #4 didn't come over to us.
He/she kept looking over to where the other three were so I blocked them off-sight and moved the food nearer to him/her. From his/her physical condition and disposition (kept circling our feet), he/she probably is being dumped here :(


In my concentration to make a mental record of how many adult cats there are, I didn't pay any attention to their gender. I'm certain Cat #2 is male; the others should be females. It started to rain when we left the site. I was glad the cats had some food in their tummies.

I went to site X again slightly earlier today, 30 Nov and I didn't see any cat nor kitten. I went around the area twice. The numbers fluctuate over each trip that I've made so I wonder if it'll make trapping difficult. I shall give V a call during the week and tell him what I know, and see what he suggests. Let's see if we can get the first session going soon. I'm planning to round up the adults first. The kittens may have to wait, till they are bigger.

No comments: