I had gone MIA because one fine day about three weeks ago, my desktop hard disk suddenly decided to call it quits. I went into a semi-panic mode because I've tons of important files on it and I hadn't do any backup.
And just before that three-weeks ago, I had gone ahead with getting my very own notebook. My bro-in-law enjoys a staff discount on such purchase and there was a promotion. I thought about the purchase for quite a while. Besides the desktop, we've one more notebook at home, with compliments from StarHub when we signed up a subscription contract with them. The thing is Grimlock hogs this notebook. I wanted the mobility of a notebook so I proceeded with the purchase (did feel the pinch) and shortly after, the desktop "died". All our attempts to get the desktop working again have failed. So my justification is that the timing couldn't be any better, hahaha...
Grimlock helped me look around the Internet on data recovery; we bought a hard disk drive and I got back all my files from the desktop yesterday. Now, Grimlock and I can both catch Hong Kong drama serials together and each have our own notebook to work on (yay!) :) It's good to be back on blogosphere.
Sunday, May 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Skoda (29 Oct 2005 - 29 May 2015 ~ Dearly loved and deeply missed)
Braun (18 Mar 2006 - 11 Jun 2013 ~ Dearly loved and deeply missed)
Mikki
No comments:
Post a Comment