Sunday, May 10, 2009

Project S (X)

Four adult newbies (two tuxedo, one ginger and one calico) have been sighted at Site X. The 2 tuxs are males, while the ginger is a female. I saw the calico from a far distance and it was quite dark so I wasn't able to ascertain the gender.

I scheduled my 6th round of trapping on 22 April - three females were spayed (one was pregnant) and one male was neutered. The male is one of the tux newbies. The two tabbies are the kids who have now grown up. There is one more tortiseshell kid who is very scrawny so will hold off her sterilisation for now. All the while, I thought there are only three white/greys (all have been sterilised) so this one is a surprise "discovery". With this recent round, the tally stands at 21 cats being fixed (14 females and seven males).


When we released the cats back at Site X, I saw the ginger newbie. We laid a trap but she didn't go for it, and she wasn't friendly enough to round up by hand. The other tux newbie is quite a senior cat with battle scars on the body and his nose area was quite moist. Will have to monitor if this tux and the ginger are making random appearances at Site X or whether they are here to stay. I also saw a young tux from a distance on my trip there last week.

I've not seen for some time two of the cats from my previous trapping rounds; Ginger Boy and Chaplin (white cat with black patch on nose). I wonder if they're alright. I see 'Tua Tao' (ah tom who has a big head) now and then - he seems to have shrunk in size and his head now looks smaller to me (hahaha, my eyes playing tricks on me?).

No comments: