Grimlock and I went to watch the "CATS: Now and Forever" musical on 18 April at the Esplanade. The tickets were sold out during its three-week run in Singapore, captivating an audience of 50,150 in total.
I had a most enjoyable time at CATS. For one, I enjoy musicals and I've watched most of the compositions by Andrew Lloyd Webber. And I definitely wouldn't miss this one, considering my fascination with cats. I've come across several quotes of T.S. Eliot (the story of Cats is told through his poems from Old Possum's Book of Practical Cats), many of which brings out the unique characteristics of cats.
I had a most enjoyable time at CATS. For one, I enjoy musicals and I've watched most of the compositions by Andrew Lloyd Webber. And I definitely wouldn't miss this one, considering my fascination with cats. I've come across several quotes of T.S. Eliot (the story of Cats is told through his poems from Old Possum's Book of Practical Cats), many of which brings out the unique characteristics of cats.
I didn't go to CATS to see how good the cast was in mimicking feline movement and reactions. I enjoyed the musical for the variety of dance styles (highly rigorous), the music, the singing, the costumes/make-up and the stage design/setup. Delia Hannah's (Grizabella) delivery of Memory was superb.
There was this girl seated on the other side of Grimlock. She came with furry stockings that resembled leg warmers, complete with a tail hanging down from her back. And throughout the musical, we caught her doing small catsy gestures with her hands.
And hey, I got to play a cameo role at CATS. During one of his songs, The Rum Tum Tugger stepped off stage and came up to me to do a short dance number (yes ME!), right next to my seat. I just followed his steps and all I remember was being spun round and round. That couple of seconds seemed like eternity while I was at it. After that, it took me a while to calm down (fortunately the hall was quite dark - blood was rushing up to my head, hahaha).
My favourite character has got to be The Rum Tum Tugger. No prize for guessing why. Well, he is the coolest cat and ooohhhh, this guy oozes sex appeal (all those hip movements of his), meeeoooowww (hee! :) ).



Skoda (29 Oct 2005 - 29 May 2015 ~ Dearly loved and deeply missed)
Braun (18 Mar 2006 - 11 Jun 2013 ~ Dearly loved and deeply missed)
Mikki
No comments:
Post a Comment