Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Hanging Out Together

I love to take photos of Braun and Skoda together. I look out for tell-tale signs if they are getting on fine with one another, or merely tolerating each other's presence. They only have each other for company for most of the day, so of course I hope for the best.

So far so good. Skoda is doing well as a 'big sister' to Braun. She is ok with Braun taking up her favourite sleeping spots. Sometimes they play mind games and try to beat each other to a particular spot. Once Skoda was snoozing away in a box, Braun just had to have the box as well so she walked up to Skoda (Skoda woke up with a startle) and started licking her (I thought this was a good distraction tactic) and then both started wrestling away.

It is always sweet to 'catch' them licking each other. I see Braun doing this more. Skoda has her threshold as to how much licking she can tolerate. The licking often ends up with wrestling and going for each other's neck. I think this is their way of playing with each other. As long as they are not aggressive or I don't see blood, I leave them to interact in their own ways. I haven't seen them grooming each other though - this will be really sweet if it ever happens. They are fine with sharing their food and water bowls, as well as the litter tray.

My favourite photo of them together has to be the display photo I put up for this blog (the two of them in a box). These photos don't come easy because either both or one of them will do the disappearing act once I whip out my camera. Here are the other 'Kodak' moments of them hanging out together:


Skoda playing 'peek-a-boo' with Braun

Hanging out together on the kitchen counter-top

Snuggling up to Grimlock for our beauty sleep

My 'ah pui' (fatty aka Skoda) and 'ah san' (skinny aka Braun). Skoda has the cut of a 'big sister', doesn't she?

Braun giving Skoda her dose of affection

Striking the same poses for the camera
Our favourite snoozing pad - on top of the fridge

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awwww

Such Happy family of Cats...

make me want to weep

Bird