Tuesday, August 21, 2007

35 + 1

This day has double significance. It is my birthday (I'm turning 35) and it is the first anniversary of My Cats' Cove. This is my 127th post but it doesn't 'feel' like I've written that many.

I looked back on my first few postings and memories kept flowing back. I was at a crossroad then, at the work front. I was at the end of a five-month break, on the verge of taking my mark in the corporate race again. I'm enjoying my work very much because it puts my strengths/skills to good use and I've a personal interest in my company's products. The latter, in particular, is important because the exposure adds value to me as a person.

On the home front, I'm blessed with a wonderful husband and having endless fun and joy with the company of my three girls. I insist on calling my cats my girls because they're part of my extended family. Like it or not, I'll continue to flood this blog with their photos and narrations of their antics - sometimes, you should try reading between the lines and you just might get the drift :p That is the fun part about writing.

Thank God too that I've the health, drive and energy to go about my daily activities and other pursuits. My fire has not gone out. May the joy of the Lord fill all the days of my life!

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I'll get my driving license on first try. I dread to think that I've to wait another four months for a second attempt. I'll have to give it my best shot!

I'm in the midst of planning a vacation. It has been two years since my last one. The destination is somewhere I've wanted to go for a long time. Hopefully nothing crops up this time. I'll need to find a reliable and experienced cat sitter for my girls. Don't think I'll send them to a boarding place.

Driving license (on 1st try?) + Dream vacation come true = my short-term plans. I haven't thought of anything beyond end of 2007. Some inkling of longer-term plans but I need to wait, observe, assess, pray about it and then see how.

As per my 'usual practice', I've taken leave for today. I'm gonna be Queen of the day. Grimlock has also taken leave. Our tentative plan is wake up just in time for brunch (dim sum at a good Cantonese restaurant it shall be); have some retail therapy ('shiok' to shop on a weekday when the malls are much less crowded); and then have dinner at a good steak restaurant :) La, la, la, la...

Happy Birthday to Me!

That's me and my mama. I was just two-months-and-eight-days-old.

No idea how old I was in this photo. I was a glum-looking child so this was one of the few photos that I actually flashed a smile (quite sweet hor? ha ha)

No comments: