One of life's simple pleasures is to take time to rest and recharge, and resist the temptation to pack in more activities. I took leave to enjoy an extended National Day break. As one of my favourite Chinese saying goes: 休息是为了走更长的路 ("To rest is to prepare for the longer journey").
Surprisingly, Mikki left me to read the day's papers in peace. The naughty girl was at it again - resting her head over the gap between two chairs.
Skoda getting meditative and serious about her nap, with Braun snoozing nearby...
Mikki snuggling up in a more comfortable position (yes, she finally realised that)...
Skoda decided the part-time domestic helper needed some supervision with the ironing...
I sorted out some photos I had taken recently, worked on my blog posting and thought about possible story leads. Got a sms from a colleague about a last-minute work request so I logged in to my work emails and sent off a reply. Later in the evening, I got another sms from this colleague and had a better idea why the request was deemed urgent. Quite pissed off, had to get a grip of myself before finally sending back my reply. I decided we're on different 辰次 (levels) and no way I would let the person ruin my lovely day. God help me to be patient with the person.
After the domestic helper left, Skoda and Braun were once again very engaged in their beauty sleep.
I thought of making a trip to a nearby mall to stretch my limbs a little. But by the time evening descended, the lazy bug hit me and I changed my mind, ha ha. Since I started to keep cats, I've become more and more homely :) I stepped out of the study for a toilet break and when I came back, my chair had been seized by Skoda. Her human slave had to make do with a plastic chair that has no backing.
Mikki hanging around nearby while I was having my dinner and watching a TVB Hong Kong serial 《同事三分亲》. The storyboard is around a bunch of people working in an advertising & promotions company and you might have guessed it, office politics ;) - the behaviours are quite funny to watch and some of the lines are so witty. Mikki must be wondering why the woman is so amused.
I don't know if the medication is the cause (or the feeding is stressing her up) but Braun seems to be rather moody and sleeping more than usual. She hadn't been eating much today so I opened a can of wet food to cheer her up. After we brought her back from the vet, we noticed there was a crack/peeling on one of her hind paws (circled in blue) - fortunately it is not raw.
We didn't manage to feed Braun her medication in the evening. I think she has hit her limit. She put up a big fight and Grimlock got scratched on his arm and across his stomach. She also scrowled and whined - this is unlike her. Since Braun started on her medication, we've come across vomit puddles (undigested kibbles) - it is either her or Mikki (Skoda has 不在场的证据). I'll be bringing Braun back to the vet tomorrow morning and see what can be done.
P/S: Viola, I finally figured out how to type in Chinese text! Thanks to Bird and Auntie P for their help. Some things are better expressed in Chinese where the meaning is so apt, precise.
Friday, August 10, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Skoda (29 Oct 2005 - 29 May 2015 ~ Dearly loved and deeply missed)
Braun (18 Mar 2006 - 11 Jun 2013 ~ Dearly loved and deeply missed)
Mikki
No comments:
Post a Comment