Dear DJ, I'd like to dedicate the song "I Will Follow You" by Ricky Nelson to my favourite being @ the Cove, Mighty Mouse. Please tell her I'll be her puppy, always. - luv, Mikki.
I will follow you
Follow you wherever you may go
There isn't an ocean too deep
A mountain so high it can keep me away
I must follow you
Ever since you touched my hand I know
The near you I always must be
And nothing can keep you from me
You are my destiny
I love you, I love you, I love you
And where you go I'll follow, I'll follow, I'll follow
You'll always be my true love, my true love, my true love
From now until forever, forever, forever
I will follow you
Follow you wherever you may go
There isn't an ocean too deep
A mountain so high it can keep
Keep me away, away from my love
I love you, I love you, I love you
And where you go I'll follow, I'll follow, I'll follow
You'll always be my true love, my true love, my true love
From now until forever, forever, forever
I will follow you
Follow you wherever you may go
There isn't an ocean too deep
A mountain so high it can keep
keep me away, away from my love
And where you go I'll follow
Yes, Mikki follows me around the house very much like a puppy. Sometimes I think my presence at the Cove can be quite disruptive to her routine. It is hard for me to slip away. She picks up my slightest movement.
If she is dozing off or had settled down nearby and I make a move, she'll be hot on my heels.
If I'm in the room and she is kept out (for like more than three minutes), she'll howl away and scratch at the door.
If I'm walking ahead of her, she'll pick up speed and overtake me (and many a times, I almost trip).
In the morning when I'm preparing to go off to work, she'll track my steps until I pick up my handbag, she'll then sit some distance from the doorway and look at me with her round big eyes (I'll avoid eye contact and make a quick dash out of the house).
If I continue to ignore her, she'll rub herself against my feet and look up at me. (The human slave will succumb to Her Highness' wishes and give her instant "therapy". Satisfied, she'll trotter to the food bowl and munch away.)
If I'm at the sink or the kitchen countertop, she'll take my back as her tree, transform herself into a monkey and race up my back to see what I'm up to.
If I'm at the desktop, she'll settle down near my feet, like what she is doing here.
I don't know how long this habit of her will go on but I'm secretly enjoying every bit of it. Mikki is about nine months old now so I'm surprised she still sticks to me. Maybe this is the best part of having hand-raised her (well, my attempts to inculcate some other desirable "habits" had failed terribly).
When Skoda was younger, she too loved to follow me around - until she was about five/six months old and until Braun came along. Now she'll come and look for me, say if I'm out of her radar for more than 30 minutes. Braun doesn't follow me around as much. She will look for me on a need-be basis, eg the food bowl is empty (so the human slave should immediately top it up) or she wants treats (so she'll lead the human slave to the cupboard where the treats are kept and yowl away).
Told you cats are Vocal, Assertive and Direct. I simply can't give this "wicked" quote a miss: "The more people I meet the more I like my cat" - Anonymous
Sunday, August 12, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Skoda (29 Oct 2005 - 29 May 2015 ~ Dearly loved and deeply missed)
Braun (18 Mar 2006 - 11 Jun 2013 ~ Dearly loved and deeply missed)
Mikki
No comments:
Post a Comment