I brought Skoda's urine sample for her regular review, on 8 Nov - results as follows:
We're back to 'square one', in fact, the results are worst than her last review. The protein and WBC levels had gone up, and there are blood and crystals in her urine. RBC level has made an alarming return. I was stumped by the results because Skoda's diet had remained the same (about 90% Waltham).
Dr K asked whether we can put her on 100% Waltham. This girl needs a little RC to get her eating Waltham but if he says so, we'll do so. We had stopped syringing her with water, so we'll resume on this. It is just 3ml - I doubt this is of much help but again, we'll just do it. Skoda is very smart - she knows we usually do this before bedtime and so she'll be running all over the place. And when we finally managed to get hold of her, she'll turn her head here-and-there and clam her mouth shut.
There is blood in her urine. The results have been on a yo-yo pattern since Skoda's UTI condition was first detected in Dec 07. Dr K asked whether we want to do all the above, and repeat the urinalysis in a week's time and if things don't get better, she'll have to start taking Baytril. Honestly, we're at our wits' end. I doubt there will much of an improvement within one week. The key problem lies in her not drinking up enough. I asked to start her on Baytril rightaway and bring the infection down. Dr K was going on leave so he prescribed a two-week course and to arrange a review when he gets back.
When I got home, I updated Grimlock. Now, Skoda holds the strings to Grimlock's heart. He wasn't keen to give her the antibiotics - never mind if the risk is a mere 0.01% and only if administered in an higher dosage. He makes the final decisions about Skoda. And so we agreed not to give her the antibiotics and do all the rest. For the past weeks, the girls have been taking wet food for dinner daily. Can't wait to see if the latter has done Skoda good.
I've booked a review appointment for Sat, 6 Dec. This time, we'll be bringing Skoda along so that Dr K can take a look at her at the same time. Will also check with him again on getting a scan done of her urinary tract - this can only be done at the hospital (we're not keen on bringing her back there). Alternatively, we'll bring her over to ARC for a second opinion. I've promised Grimlock that if the indicators get any worse, my hands will be around his neck >_< (just joking lah...)
Sunday, November 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Skoda (29 Oct 2005 - 29 May 2015 ~ Dearly loved and deeply missed)
Braun (18 Mar 2006 - 11 Jun 2013 ~ Dearly loved and deeply missed)
Mikki
2 comments:
hi skoda! i hope you get well soon.. :))
miu miu says hi to braun and mikki too!
Haiyo...faster drink up Skoda, for your own good.
How about giving her wet food with gravy? I bought this fancy feast can recently and even the ever-fussy Coco slurped up the gravy, although she left the tuna/salmon flakes alone.
Post a Comment