And I quote from the artists' blog: The point of power is always in the present moment and by fully living in the now, we can transform the past and even the future, and that, I think is the true essence of freedom. Life is as simple as that and yet it is one of the hardest things to do. Catmasutra is about that moment of creation in between the power of everyday and the power of myth and magic. "In between lies art".
Found a website where Paul spoke about his inspiration behind Catmasutra IV.
Quite a few of the paintings were already sold. Guess what? We bought one of the paintings by Michelle titled "Best Friends Forever". Beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder (艺术本是无价!). The painting caught our eye and the attraction just "grows" on us. As to what about the painting, it is hard to explain/describe. It is more than just a liking for cats (undeniably this is at play :)). We see attributes of our girls and ourselves too in the painting. A ginger and my favourite 'happy' flower are in it.
Michelle Chang
Best Friends Forever
2007
Acrylic on canvas
36cm x 46cm
After humans, cats are next in line when it comes to beauty of the body form (and horses too!). And again, I've to say this: too bad I can't paint (or maybe I should give myself another chance, ha ha).

Skoda (29 Oct 2005 - 29 May 2015 ~ Dearly loved and deeply missed)
Braun (18 Mar 2006 - 11 Jun 2013 ~ Dearly loved and deeply missed)
Mikki
No comments:
Post a Comment