In a few hours' time, 2007 will go down memory's lane. A new year awaits to unfold. I'm inspired by yesterday's Sunday Times to do a similiar wrap-up of 2007 in this posting, my last for 2007.
Best five events:
1) The exhilaration when a photo of Skoda and Braun got published in the Sunday Times on 24 June in the "Readers' Pets" column. Try waiting for something for eight months and then it finally comes through (when you've given up)...get it? Look, I'm very proud of them, ok!?! This is the most satisfying media coverage I've successfully pitched for :)
2) Got my driving license on first attempt, yay! It was pure, sweet delight :)
3) FINALLY made it to Hokkaido with Grimlock after many "obstacles". Wonderful, splendid vacation!
4) My hard work has paid off despite all odds. I'm again reminded that God is the potter and I'm the clay. Don't know what lies ahead but I know I can count on Him. Will share more soon. Nope, the good news has nothing to do with the b-word (if that is what you're thinking of, hahahahaha...)
5) My new toy, an iPod Touch, my Christmas present from Grimlock. JUDE!! Having a jolly good time listening to my favourite tunes with it.
Worst three events:
1) The dramatic discovery in April that Mikki's liver enzymes exceeded the normal range by three times. All thanks be to God for her speedy recovery! Her annual review is due in Feb 08 - we plan to do another blood test check on her (no surprises, please!).
2) Both Braun and Skoda had a close shave with going under the knife. In Aug, we found a "blister" on Braun's left ear. It was a blood clog arising from from a blood vein that had raptured. A slight cleft remains as a reminder of this episode. For Skoda, it would be discovering blood in her urine a fortnight ago and then she vomited for four consecutive days last week. We're now back to tackling her urine problem - fingers crossed!
(Can't emphasize enough the importance of having an experienced, competent vet!)
3) My prolonged cough drama earlier this month. The final tally is having got well after seeing three GPs over six consultation visits and having spent about $400. And the shock of being told I'm asthmatic - I refuse to believe this because I had been taking high impact exercises for three years (twice weekly) till my busy work schedule got the better of me in June.
I learnt something from each of these events (and some others) and this is what I value highly. Through them all, God is good. I've long stopped making resolutions but if there is one thing I want to work on, it would be to start exercising again (can really see/feel the difference when I stopped). As for the rest, I count it a blessing to be contented. To put it quite simply, I lack nothing because I know I'm in good and BIG hands.
As for you, cheers to good health and warmest wishes for a fruitful 2008!
Monday, December 31, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Skoda (29 Oct 2005 - 29 May 2015 ~ Dearly loved and deeply missed)
Braun (18 Mar 2006 - 11 Jun 2013 ~ Dearly loved and deeply missed)
Mikki
3 comments:
Hi Mighty Mouse
How is Skoda feeling now? I have been following this blog since.. a long time ago!
Very belated Happy New Year to you, Grimlock and your girls :D
AT
Hi AT,
Welcome to the Cove and thanks for the well wishes! I'm always happy to hear from someone else other than myself, hee hee. Just curious: How did you come to find out about this blog?
Not much of an update on Skoda because we've yet being able to "harvest" her urine. Going to try again over this weekend when we've more time.
Thanks for your welcome, Mighty Mouse! Never mind then, just keep our fingers and toes crossed for Skoda :)
Oh, I clicked on your comments at My Animal Family, so now you know :)
I know, sometimes you wonder if there's anyone reading your blog when the Hit/Stat Counter showed so many visitors!
AT
Post a Comment