Sunday, June 17, 2007

Mission PG is a Failure!

Last Sun, 10 June, Grimlock and I bought a box of Vitakraft cat-grass for the girls (costs S$5.80). We thought Braun might benefit most from it because she pukes hairballs on a recurrent basis. I also saw from a blog, this person who successfully grew cat-grass for her cats and how much they enjoyed munching on the grass. Upon reaching home, we eagerly embarked on this project, code-named Mission Plant Grass (PG).

Mikki doing a thorough, initial inspection...

What cat-grass is good for...

Braun supervises the preparation...

The contents...

As per the instruction, I poured water into the box. Guess what? I saw creepy crawlies (tiny bugs and worms) emerging from the seedlings. First, there was one, two, three...and then I stopped counting. I alerted Grimlock on my finding and we decided to discard the box. I placed the box inside a plastic bag, tied it securely and promptly threw it down the rubbish chute. None of the crawlies shall get on to the girls!

The next day, I went back to the pet supplies shop and related my finding to the salesperson. He got me a replacement box, no questions asked. He opened the new box and we didn't spot any creepy crawlies. I was delighted with the good service and went home happily, telling myself this time it ought to work out.

To play safe, we poured out the entire contents to do a thorough filtering. After looking real hard for a while, we found tiny worms. Mission PG ended so abruptly. Sorry girls, no grass munchies for you!

No comments: