Sunday, June 24, 2007

A Shot at Stardom

Hot from the Press! Literally from the press this time. The Sunday Times published a photo of Skoda and Braun in its "Readers' Pets" column today (24 June, page 13). Ha, ha, I've become a 'xin ma' (ie celebrity's manager)!

It was a wait of almost eight months, wondering if the column is ever going to publish my submission. I submitted this photo back on 1st Nov last year (it remains as my favourite shot of Skoda and Braun):

The coordinator wrote to me two weeks ago asking if I've any of their new photos, a one-liner on their habit to include with the photo and their updated age. I submitted these as well:

I don't have a good shot yet of Skoda, Braun and Mikki together. Maybe we'll send in a solo shot of Mikki the next time.

I thought I'd have to wait a few more weeks and I was uncertain if their photo would really get featured. When I woke up this afternoon, I somehow had a feeling it might be there and asked Grimlock to check out THE column. And he took his own sweet time, flipping through the pages one by one. I was in the kitchen and then heard his excited voice (I had thought one of the girls was caught in some mischief). Yay, Skoda and Braun have made it to the national papers!

Anyone care for their pawtograph? (term coined by ST) :)

No comments: