Here is a dose of Singlish for you. 'Tan ku ku' is a Hokkien/Teochew expression and it means 'wait long long'. I completed the entire course of driving lessons, 30 in total, on last Thursday, 28 May. It took me about three months, having started my first lesson on 22 February.
I started off all excited and looked forward to finishing my course. It was a huge let-down to have found out that I've to wait FOUR long months for the driving test. I may have not have perfected my skills yet but I know I won't be doing too badly either, and with a little more focus and care, I just might stand a chance of getting my license at first try (I'm not boasting here but I do have that confidence and determination). One must strike the iron while it is hot, correct?
My skills would have become 'rusty' four months later. And so I'd have to spend more $$ on taking up a couple of lessons closer the test date. The 30 lessons, including the driving test, already cost me $1,854.80. The driving centre sure is earning good revenue, man!
Breakdown of driving test charges as follows:
Practical test - $20
Vehicle rental fee - $105
Warm-up lesson (one hour prior to the test) - $29.40
Class 3C course extension - $42 (Needed to do this 'cos my PDL expires in Aug)
Why the long wait? Don't tell me the authority is trying to control the number of driving licenses being issued because I don't see them doing the same for COEs. Just look at the number of cars on the roads. And if I fail my first test, another three- to four-month wait for my second try?!? I'm quite tempted to write in to the ST Forum page.
Monday, June 04, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Skoda (29 Oct 2005 - 29 May 2015 ~ Dearly loved and deeply missed)
Braun (18 Mar 2006 - 11 Jun 2013 ~ Dearly loved and deeply missed)
Mikki
No comments:
Post a Comment