Grimlock picked up this ZoCard on Shrek 3. The title "The Wait is Ogre" has got me stumped. Can someone please explain to me what it is saying?
I had a good laugh over the four dumb beauties (from left); Snow White, Cinderella, Princess Fiona (nope, I'm not referring to her), Rapunzel and Sleeping Beauty. Over-glamourised in fairy tales, "larger than life" in Shrek 3.
It wouldn't surprise you that I'm drawn to this movie because of Puss in Boots, correct? He is in a close tie with Shrek for my favourite character.
More about Puss in Boots from the movie's website:
The most smooth and debonair tabby this side of Far Far Away, Puss in Boots is one fierce feline. He's an acrobatic cat with a smooth Spanish accent, fearless and unbeatable in combat - unless he gags on a hairball! He has the strength, bravery, and romanticism of Zorro, but in the body of a sweet little kitty cat.
Ever the Don Juan, he often gives Shrek the bachelor's point of view. Once offered a bag of gold in exchange for 'taking care' of Shrek, Puss confidently accepted the task. However, his encounter with Shrek didn't quite go as planned, and as a result the two became fast friends and allies. Shrek soon learns that Puss can be a canny cat to have around, and before you know it, Puss and Donkey are both vying for Shrek's attention. Should Puss' dazzling battle skills and smooth Spanish charm ever fail him, he has another way to get what he wants - he plays the helpless, wide-eyed kitty. Works every time!
Fun Facts about Puss in Boots:
The Puss of Myth and Song
Puss in Boots has a memorable way with words. Here are just a few of his top-quality quotes!
"Ha! Ha! Fear me...if you dare! Hsssssss!"
"Now, ye ogre, pray for mercy from: Puss in Boots!"
"The words of fate have blown on my destiny."
"For once, I must agree with the beast of burden."
"It's Puss, the talking gato!"
Astrological Sign
All I know is that all the planets are always in line for me.
Favourite Song
Anything by Cat Stevens.
Favourite Book
Cat on a Hot Tin Roof, To Kill a Mockingbird, Of Mice and Men, and Hey Diddle Diddle the Cat and the Fiddle.
Favourite Food
Sashimi, food I can decapitate.
Hobbies
Napping, scratching furniture, singin', dancin', drinkin', and romancin'.
Puss getting around with his "helpless, wide-eyed kitty" tactic definitely rings a bell. My girls do that ever so often...




Skoda (29 Oct 2005 - 29 May 2015 ~ Dearly loved and deeply missed)
Braun (18 Mar 2006 - 11 Jun 2013 ~ Dearly loved and deeply missed)
Mikki
2 comments:
"The Wait is Ogre" = A play on the word OVER. As in "The Wait is Over"
I thought you Singaporeans boast so much about English as your first language, but you didn't get it?! How the hell you people got through your 'O' levels with poor English in the first place?!
Anonymous:
Your response was more than what I asked for. The house rule is that I'll not respond to anonymous postings but I've the good manners to thank you anyway for the enlightment. I'll make this the first and only exception.
I had a good laugh when I saw your response because it's so funny to see someone making an issue over a question that I asked and the irrelevant inference being made.
Take it easy, alright?
Mighty Mouse
Post a Comment